A Realtor works for your best interest irrespective of whether you are buying or selling, they ensure to apply their skills and knowledge to get the maximum benefit to you in the transaction and making the whole process pleasant.
In Buying they will help you to determine what you can afford and whether it is the right time to buy; what neighborhoods are best based on your budget and family lifestyle. What could be the right property type based on your family needs, budget, asset growth? How you can balance your ‘needs’ and ‘wants’ to have a smooth buying experience. They ensure your motivations are kept closely guarded during negotiations to procure the property at the fair market value. Here you and refer the most important pillars for real estate buying.
In Selling they would be able to advise on when is the right time to list. What cost-effective upgrades you can do to do a facelift to the property to expect maximum returns. How to ensure you are priced as per the market and trends in the neighborhood. Should you buy first or sell first, based on the market trend. When the right offer is on the table for negotiation, they ensure you receive the rightful value the market bears for your property.
1) Professionalism – Ownership residence or a Real Estate Investment is more often than not the biggest asset of an individual, it involves a lot of legal paperwork that needs to be done with skill. This includes having the right clauses in-place which work and represent your best interests as a buyer or a seller. A skilled realtor ensures that you are covered in the commitment of one of the biggest purchase/sale you will make. You can count on the help of a professional who has a commitment to serve with integrity and competence.
2) Skilled Expert – A trained realtor knows how to market and accentuate the top features in your property when selling your home. On the buying side, a trained realtor with his/her experience would be able to better navigate you to the right property which meets your family needs and goals, it’s an iterative process of screening the right homes till you get the one which ticks all boxes. They will help you avoid any properties which look good prima facie but won’t grow in the longer term and lack in the broad appeal.
3) Pricing Advisor – A good realtor will help you determine the right value of your home and what current market can bear, to avoid losing money on the table. On the buying side, they evaluate the fair market value of a property before putting an offer to ensure you do not overpay on a listed home; this will ensure your bottom line is maximized when you sell in future. They are aware of the market trends and based on which decide the pricing strategy to market the property.
4) Negotiation Skills – Trained realtor based on his/her experience and training would serve as a negotiator for you to ensure you don’t sell yourself short. He/she would negotiate to get the lowest value when buying a property and to get the maximum value while selling one to maximize your gains. Your motivations and interest remain confined only to your realtor and do not go to the other side which helps in the negotiation of a good opportunity.
5) Experience – Home buying or selling could be an overwhelming process, with an experienced realtor on your side you can be assured they will check you on getting emotional and overpaying on a property or selling short on a sale and see that you rightly receive the fair value which you deserve.
6) A network of Professionals – A good realtor more often than not will have a team of reliable home inspectors, handymen, plumbers, mortgage specialists, general contractors, HVAC technicians, etc. A good realtor is your key to opening up a path for a smooth experience from start to finish in the home buying/selling process.
Please refer to our other insightful blogs here and take a well informed and educated approach on Real Estate Buying and Selling. Wish you all the very best.