- Label boxes by room and contents, tag them based on where you want them to be in your new home.
- Separate any valuable items to do the transfer yourself, label appropriately.
- Distinctly store in a box any tools which you anticipate you might need on moving day.
- Ensure to have a Change of Address formalities applied for in Canada Post, you don’t want to miss on important mails you were expecting after move.
- Dispatch an email to advise your family friends and your business/employment contacts of your new address. Updates the bank’s and financial institutions on your new address.
- Update your Insurance providers on the change of address.
- Ensure that you have cancelled any magazine and newspaper subscriptions to your old address.
- Ensure to tie up with the Movers folks well in advance, double check on your agreed date and time slot with them. On the busy days it’s important to coordinate with them in advance.
- If moving to/from an apartment building, ensure you have reserved the Service Elevator with Management Office of the building to facilitate the move at anticipated time.
Click here for the pdf version for the checklist Moving-Checklist Downloadable.