Should I Get Home Inspection Done?
Importance of Home Inspection in the process of buying/selling a home cannot be undermined. A Home Inspector will ensure to verify that the systems and the foundations of the home are free from critical damages, that may increase your cost of ownership and maintenance in future. Likewise, if you are selling a home, failing to receive a satisfactory home inspection will make it very difficult to sell your property.
General home inspection items include:
– Structural elements of the home (walls, ceilings, floors, roof, foundation etc)
– Exterior (landscaping, grading, elevation, drainage, windows, trim etc)
– Roofing (ventilation, framing, gutters etc)
– Plumbing (drain, waste, pipes, toilets, showers, sinks etc)
– Electrical (circuit breakers, main panel, wiring, grounding, exhaust fans, light fixtures etc)
– Appliances (dishwasher, oven, garbage disposal etc)
If you are purchasing a home, you need to know any underlying issues with the home before you close the deal. A professional home inspector will disclose any known problems with the home that may affect your buying decision.
If you are selling a home, you should know about any hidden problems before your home goes on the market. Usually, any buyers will require a professional home inspection as one of the conditions in their offer purchase. If the inspector points to any serious problems, the buyer will have an option to away from the deal. Any issues with the home should be fixed before your home is put on the market. This will make selling your home a lot easier.